Dine Out Today to Benefit Children | Charity
Eat out for a good cause today on International Children’s Day, as 13 local restaurants help mark the occasion.
They will participate in the Building Champions against the Odds Campaign to benefit Nevada Children’s Center (NCC) and commemorate International Children’s Day. Nevada Children’s Center takes part in the global commemoration of children though the Campaign.
These area restaurants have pledged to donate between 10-20 percent of revenue to Nevada Children’s Center, but you must bring a flyer available at www.nccenter.org with you to qualify for the donation.
The Campaign will help NCC in its mission to empower young victims of abuse, neglect, and mental afflictions by providing therapeutic day treatment, behavior modification, and in-home parenting resources in partnership with foster care and child protective advocates and agencies.
“When children begin with challenges early on in their lives, it takes a whole community to help them stay on the right pathway. Doing something as simple as eating out with your family can change a small victim’s life,” executive director Beschelle Lockhart said.
Because the Center provides services to very low-income families, it absorbs costs for providing transportation between home, school, and the center. With the rising cost of gasoline, the center is in need of community assistance and hopes this event will help to purchase a new vehicle that will be used to transport tiny clients to and from treatment.
Participating restaurants include:
North/Northwest Las Vegas:
- Sammy’s Woodfired Pizza: 7160 N. Durango Drive
- Joe’s Crab Shack: 1991 N. Rainbow Blvd.
- Carluccio’s Tivoli Gardens (two blocks from the Strip): 1775 E. Tropicana Avenue
- Joe’s Crab Shack: 4250 E. Sunset Blvd.
- Sammy’s Woodfired Pizza: 4300 E. Sunset
- California Pizza Kitchen/Townsquare: 6659 Las Vegas Blvd. S.
- Carluccio’s Tivoli Gardens: 10170 W. Tropicana inside The Bounty Hunter
- Sammy’s Woodfired Pizza: 7345 Arroyo Crossing Pkwy.
- Sammy’s Woodfired Pizza: 6500 W. Sahara
- Sammy’s Woodfired Pizza: 9516 W. Flamingo Road
- Applebee’s: 10305 S. Eastern Avenue
- BJ’s Brewhouse & Restaurant: 9250 S. Eastern Avenue
- Elephant Bar Restaurant at The District: 2270 Village Walk Dr