Our network

One hurt, home damaged in morning fire | News

Title (Max 100 Characters)

One hurt, home damaged in morning fire
News
One hurt, home damaged in morning fire

One person was taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation after a fire at a home in the northwest Monday morning.

According to the Clark County Fire Department, fire dispatchers started getting calls about smoke coming from a house near Cheyenne Avenue and Michael Way at around 10:30 a.m.  

Callers told dispatchers that a bedridden woman may be trapped inside the home.

When firefighters arrived, they found all the people in the house, including the woman, were out safely.

Firefighters entered the home and found a small fire in one of the bedrooms. Most of the fire was out because the people in the home had used a garden house to put out the blaze.

Three people were treated for smoke inhalation. One of those victims was taken to University Medical Center for further treatment.

The cause of the fire could not be determined, but fire investigators determined the fire started in the corner of one bedroom.

There were no smoke alarms in the home. Firefighters say if there had been smoke alarms in the home, residents may have gotten out sooner with suffering smoke inhalation.

The American Red Cross is providing temporary housing for the six adults and two teenagers who were in the home. 

News

Northwest Businesses