Our network

Fire Damages Northwest Home, Space Heater may be to Blame | News

Title (Max 100 Characters)

Fire Damages Northwest Home, Space Heater may be to Blame
News
Fire Damages Northwest Home, Space Heater may be to Blame

Fire heavily damaged a home in the northwest part of the Las Vegas valley Thursday, Las Vegas Fire and Rescue said.

The fire started at around 1:19 p.m. at a home near Buffalo Drive and Craig Road in the Tucson Trails development. When firefighters arrived, heavy smoke and flames were showing from the house.

It took firefighters about 15 minutes to bring the fire under control. It was contained to two bedrooms, the hallway and part of the attic. The rest of the attic had moderate smoke damage.

The people living in the home escaped without injuries. When fire investigators inspected the home, they found a space heater against one of the beds in the bedroom. They believe that may have started the fire.

Four adults were displaced by the fire. 

News