Our network

Power Worker Shocked By Electricity | News

Title (Max 100 Characters)

Power Worker Shocked By Electricity
News

LAS VEGAS -- An NV Energy worker sustained burns when he was shocked while working inside a large power box on the corner of West Washington Avenue and North Cimarron Road at 5:57 p.m. Friday.  

Las Vegas Fire and Rescue responded that one worker was injured. 

The crew working at the site consisted of three NV Energy employees. The workers were working on the unit with one employee coming into contact with electricity which caused the shock. It caused the worker's clothes to catch fire. 

Fellow employees aided their companion until firefighters and paramedics arrived a few minutes later. 

The employee was transported by Las Vegas Fire and Rescue to the trauma unit at University Medical Center with serious burns. His injuries are believed to be non-life threatening.           

The incident is under investigation by NV Energy.

News